Friday, December 18, 2009

Cuttlebug and Inking Tutorial Part 3

Lastly I would like to show you some variations of inking ideas.


Here I inked the surface of the embossing folder using the ink tool. With regular inks you can do directly onto the folder but because these pads are harder they don't seem to transfer enough color. Tea Dye was applied to the folder and then Vintage Photo to the edges only.
Here is the same technique but using only a single color. Red Brick was applied to the folder which helped bring out the embossed design and then was applied afterward to the edges. This was double embossed and I like how the second time using the ink brought out the dots around the edges.

Here I kept in the same color scheme but used different colors. Shabby Shutters was brought far into the paper while Peeled Paint was used only along the edges. Then I used Copper and Gold Color Box pads to accent some of the ornaments.
Ok here is where I learned that inking directly onto the folders did not deliver enough color. I inked directly on with Faded Denim and Weathered Wood, it added only a small amount of color. I then rubbed directly onto the surface with Silver Color Box ink. I still felt it needed something so I added more Faded Denim around the edges.
And last but not least here is an example of adding different colors. I started with Shabby Shutters swirling the color well into the paper. I brushed the edges with Red Brick and then added Gold Color Box ink (which I did rub directly onto the paper).




I hope that you enjoyed these tutorials and that they in
spire you to get out your inks and start adding more color to your projects!



 


6 comments:

  1. Alright I'm first today...I really love this idea to give it more texture and the inking is fantastic....I might give that a try...I love to cuttlebug and sometimes I get commented that this is my signature on my projects...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, once again .. thanks for doing this tute. It's great. Embossing is usually an after thought for me and I'd like to move beyond that and incorporate it more into my layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the info on the different techniques, Leah! I know you're fearless when it comes to inking and will give anything a try! I'm particularly fond of the example in tut 2. Wow what depth all the colors added! Love it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my favorite inks, and I love what you did with the embossing... I am going to have to play. Wish I'd seen this before going to crop, one of the gals was embossing and looking for things to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leah, this is fabulous, thanx so much for sharing these wonderful techniques with all of us..they are amazing...i can't wait to have time to try them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas and techniques! I love to ink and play with color but sometimes get stuck in a rut! This gives me a ton of ideas to try... can't wait to get started back in my scrapbooking now that the holidays are over! Thank you for all the great ideas! Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..