Saturday, May 2, 2015

SOUS Die Cut Challenge - Anything For Mom

     Hi! This is Julie here from Cards By Cricut with a new post for Stuck On U Sketches. This week our Die Cut Challenge is Anything For Mom. With Mother's Day quickly approaching we all need a card for our wonderful mothers. I decided to make a card featuring my mom's favorite color...yellow. I also decided to stamp a flower for her love of flowers. My mom always has a flower garden in her backyard. So I know that this card will mean a lot to her.
     I started out by using a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" yellow card base. I cut the gray layer to 3-3/4" x 5". The white layer was cut to 3-1/2" x 4-3/4". I stamped the flower onto the white layer first then I stamped the sentiment. Next, I stamped the smaller butterfly in yellow ink and then I die cut the two butterflies out. I then glued the bigger butterfly onto the card and then I glued the smaller butterfly onto the bigger one. I then placed a gold sequin on
top of the two butterflies and my card is done. I think my mom will like it very much and I hope it makes her Mother's Day a little more special.
     Thanks so much for coming to SOUS and looking at my blog post. I hope you join us for this Die Cut Challenge - Anything For Mom. Just link your project up and have a chance to be one of our top 3. Have a great day! :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope I entered in the correct challenge! Great DT! Thanks for the fun challenge! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that butterfly! My baby sister loves butterfly and I think that If I will do some kind of these stamps and die cuts, she will be happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..